Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Drugs of choice

Boy, another rough one. Remember that guy from the movie Airplane, the one who says, "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit _____."? Well, that was me today. When I first began to student teach I would come home and have a couple of beers to help me unwind. I had beers three times last week, and a rum and coke last night. I really don't want to get hooked into mind altering chemicals of any kind to help me relax. Or, at least, only on the ones my body produces naturally.

So today I jogged 3.6mi. I started to feel much better after the first mile. The sun was setting over the ocean, various species of water fowl were settling in for the night, and a majestic Great Blue Heron was silouetted against a sky full of orangey-purpley clouds. Talk about trippin'!

Ahhh, endorphins. Is there anything you can't fix??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home