Monday, February 02, 2004

OMG-Let me sum up:

1) Got engaged! I can't believe Tim asked me to marry him! I am the luckiest woman in the world to have a man like him in my life!

2) Girls still doing fine.
They are so big now. I introduced them to pasta tonight and they loooooovvvvveee it. I guess they are carb junkies. Hmmm.....gotta watch that.

3) Still surviving my kids.
School is halfway over now. Whew! I still have a challenging 1st and 3rd, but then the rest of the day is pretty good.

Did I tell you I got engaged???? Yeah, I did. The ring is beautiful. I never would have chosen the setting myself, but I love it. We went camping this weekend and I left it at home since it is half a size too big for me and I didn't want to lose it. That would suck royally.

OK- camping.....We left on Fri night and headed for Pismo, me dozing most of the way there. I fall asleep if I'm in the car for more than 30 min (yes, my commute home is sometimes a bit scary), but I tried real hard to wake up every now and then to keep Tim company, but he's used to my sleeping in the car now. Anyway, got there and woke up to discover there were some butterfly trees in the camp ground so we checked them out before heading north to Piedras Blancas to see huge sausages (ie: northern elephant seals aka Mirounga angirostrus) come ashore for birthing and breeding. We also checked out Cambria's Wine Tasting and Art Festival. Well, we checked out the art 'cuz that was free. But decided Cambria was another charming little town we couldn't afford to buy a house in. Maybe Pismo. Of course, I can't think of Pismo Beach without thinking of that Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck cartoon where they end up in Pismo Beach (wrong turn in Albuquerque) and Daffy finds treasure and gets in trouble with a genie and Bugs gets him out of it ("OOhOOh Eeep") but to no avail. Ali Baba Bunny @ The Big Cartoon DataBase

Anyway, had a good weekend and came home in time to get some stuff to make snacky things for a SuperBowl git together at Tim's friends' house. It was kinda fun. Got home way late and now I'm staying in from Monday Night Movie to eat some lower points foods (yes, still trying to shake off those pesky 5 lbs) and go to bed early, so good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home