Wednesday, July 21, 2004

So, what do I do all day? The "secret" summer life of a teacher.

Once Tim's alarm goes off, I'm half awake. Usually I go back to sleep and get up at about 7 am. Being the nerd that I am, I head for the WeightWatchers message boards and check in on the groups I belong to (my fav: Struggling Lifetimers). I eat breakfast (sharing some with the girls) while fooling around on the computer for a bit, then get ready for my morning exercise which is usually a walk or some other activity that earns me 2-3 Activity Points (a WW way of measuring how much energy you expend based on your weight, activity intensity, and duration; then you can add those points to your daily points target). I don't eat those, because they represent the amount of running around I do all day at school, and I don't count that as exercise. Then I relax and get ready for lunch. Sometimes I catch the "feel good" shows on Discovery Health Channel: one on folks who've lost a lot of weight (gets me inspired to continue w/WW) and one on adoption. That show is just a guaranteed happy ending, and gives me warm fuzzies. Then, I turn the TV off and go back on the computer or read a book. After it cools down, it's time for my afternoon exercise. This could be working out to one of three video routines, biking 2-12 miles, or (as of Monday) a short jog. Then I take a shower, make dinner, wash some dishes, and hang out with Tim and the girls until bedtime, which usually means more computer time.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that I squeeze in a couple of housecleaning chores during the day. Not as many as I should, of course. Now that July is ending, I have to start planning for the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. :-( Well, all good things must come to an end. And I am looking forward to next year and working with my team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home