Tuesday, April 18, 2006

What Do Teachers Do on Vacation?

Well, I can only answer for myself. First of all, I usually begin the break with waaaay too many expectations: clean the house, go through the closet, finish a knitting project, exercise every day, yadda-yadda-yadda. Then, I begin to feel bad about myself because about halfway through I realize that I did none of these or, at least, not to whatever impossible goal I had set up for myself. Why do I do this?? Probably deep-seated childhood feelings of never being good enough or that what I did was never enough because there was always something undone. Anyway, this time I cut off that feeling pretty quick and have given myself permission to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING if that was what I really wanted. And, for the most part, that is exactly what I want and need to do in order to rejuvenate. Ahhhhh.... can you feel my tension slipping away???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home