Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Make It a Great Day or Not...

...the choice is yours.



This is the closing thought of our daily announcements. I decided to make it my personal goal for the week. And since the last few posts have been total downers, I'm choosing to write about some positives!

15 Reasons I love my new body!

1. After jogging 4 miles a little voice inside of me says, "Ya' know, I think we could do another 2 miles."

2. All my clothes fit better, which means...

3. Having to buy new clothes!!

4. I get fuller on less food.

5. My body no longer thinks "lettuce wraps" is a dirty term.

6. I actually feel more relaxed after 30 min of exercise than after 30 min of TV. In fact,

7. I get a real blah feeling after watching too much TV. The same feeling I get if I eat more than 1 or 2 cookies (I used to put cookies away like nobody's bidness).

8. When I place my hands on my hips I can now feel bone.

9. Hiking at a moderate pace (uphill, mind you) for 2 hours makes me huff and puff and feel "out of shape." Ha! I remember when just getting to the trailhead was tough.

10. I no longer recognize the face I see in my old pictures. Who was I back then?

11. Even though my work friends comment on my recent weightloss, my husband thinks I still look the same. Isn't that nice??

12. Losing weight and exercise has made me evaluate other areas of my life. I apply some of what I've learned from WeightWatchers to my work life like assertiveness, rewards, and montras (I am the best teacher in America. I teach in a loving and positive way. in conjunction with Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.)


13. I don't mind jogging with my shirt off when it gets hot.

14. Jogging gets me outdoors which is nice after spending all day long in my classroom.

15. I can fit in between the rows of desks and can even sit in those desk-chair combos!

4 Comments:

Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I like those positive affirmations, especially, "I am the best teacher in America." I need to fill my brain and heart with uplifting words like that so when the tough days come (as they will), I can remember the truth about myself. Thank you!

3:34 PM  
Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I like those positive affirmations, especially, "I am the best teacher in America." I need to fill my brain and heart with uplifting words like that so when the tough days come (as they will), I can remember the truth about myself. Thank you!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Hi! I'm Janola. said...

Teacherguy-Thanks for stopping by. Sometimes I get so focused on what isn't happening in my classroom (like reading the textbook due to low reading levels of students) that I forget all the positives, like kids actually enjoying learning.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Hi! I'm Janola. said...

Teacherguy-Thanks for stopping by. Sometimes I get so focused on what isn't happening in my classroom (like not reading the textbook due to low reading levels of students) that I forget all the positives, like kids actually enjoying learning.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home