Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sometimes I even like my job

Ok, well after writing out what I wanted to do (and I didn't even need the movie) I felt a bit better about it. My "thing" was doing a worksheet. I rarely use worksheets, but it was a lot easier than reinventing the wheel. Surprisingly, the kids seemed to be fine with it.

In one class we discussed positive and negative position, in relation to a reference point. Everyone had a meter stick with 50cm marked as the reference point and we moved our fingers along it, determining the direction and distance. At first, they were confused until I said it's like a number line, then it all clicked in. I heard a few grumbles about math (a 4-letter word) to which I replied that math and science are like "that" and crossed my fingers. One boy said, "Oh, they're best friends?" I thought that was a good way to look at it. That was a very cute comment and kinda made me like this class a little bit today. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home