Thursday, July 31, 2008

Traveller Lessons

I'm enjoying my trip, really, I am. It's just that seeing so many pix of myself has made me feel more self-conscious than I normally do. Basically, lots of self-esteem issues, mainly low. I need to just let go. I think not working out regularly and feeling a bit bloated and eating A LOT of bread are not helping me any. I know, you're going to remind me about all the walking I've been doing, but I don't think it's as much as when we were in DC and Paris.

On the positive side, I have not been snacking very much and the serving size in Europe is smaller than in America, and the food is less processed (good riddance, high-fructose corn syrup!). I try to say to myself a mantra given to me by my WeightWatchers leader: I can trust myself around food on my sabbatical.

1 Comments:

Blogger s. said...

Hi Danielle...so great to hear from you! At WW today, Betty shared your postcard, and everyone was thrilled. Sure wish the weight thing were not such an issue, but I do understand. However, this trip will only happen once, but the pounds pounds can be dealt with anytime, including over and over. Maybe you should just stay away from reflective surfaces. Hope you continue to have a wonderful time and that we continue to hear from you.
Hugs...Susan.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home