Sunday, September 21, 2003

Another weigh-in today. Lost 0.4lbs, thank you very much! Hanging out by the scale really makes you think about human nature. While in line to check in, the usual chit-chat takes place, with someone asking , "So, how are you? How was your week?" and the other person would usually answer along the lines of, "I don’t know. I’ll see in a minute." It seems wrong. Yet I catch myself saying the same thing. I make a conscious effort (and it really does take quite a bit of energy) to give some sort of answer that has nothing to do with the scale. I have also seen people come in, quiet and worried, and once they jump on that scale they light up, because they lost when they thought they gained. I’ve also seen/experienced the other scenario, when you are expecting a loss but show a gain. I don’t know if you can imagine how crushed we feel when that happens. I mean, we followed the program, drank all our water, had points left over, and BAM! You gained! I have heard of folks who just give up after something like that.

Anyway, after my meeting I worked out at the Y. Later, Tim and I went to the beach because there was a sandcastle building contest. We were looking forward to taking pictures of some amazing sand castles,but we were uninspired. Don’t get me wrong; there were some terrific sculptures. But none that made me want to take a pic.

Since we were in the area, we checked out the zoo. We even became zoo members! I like the idea of being able to go to the zoo whenever we want. It was a warm afternoon, and many of the animals were napping. I don’t know what my favorite animal at this zoo is. I do find the meerkats funny, and the white handed gibbons. The flamingos were dirty and stinky, and the elephants were gone! Their enclosure is in the process of being remodeled, which explains why it was closed, but where do you put two Asian elephants in the meantime?

Well, I am very busy this week! I sub for the junior high all week, and I have a job interview on Tuesday with the elementary school. I am supposed to bring a copy of my resume, three letters of recommendation, and examples of my vast science knowledge. Hmmmm….how am I supposed to do that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home