Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Today I tried something new. I entered the Y and just happened to be on time for their "On the Ball" class. I was telling Tim about the class and he said, "Oh, so you practice balancing on a ball?", trying to be a smart-alek, little guessing that was exactly what the class is all about. I'm sure most of you have heard about it and seen those large, soft, fun-looking balls. (After re-reading this sentence, I can't help but giggle...what a dirty mind I have!) Basically, you are exercising your core muscles as well as some arm and leg muscles. Just sitting on the ball takes a lot of muscle coordination, but on top of that, you are rotating, stretching, and doing stuff like tricep pull-ups, push-ups, and crunches. It was actually pretty good. I definately felt it in my major muscle groups!

Another new thing I did was the Advanced Level 3 Swing class. It was my first time in the level 3 class, so I was a bit nervous. I guess intimidated is a better word. I know I have a lot to learn still, but part of me felt that getting out of my comfort zone would help me improve my technique (ie: firmer frame, Lindy to dance, spotting, etc.) Also, many of the advanced folks have been in that class for months, so I would be dancing with many good dancers/leaders, which was the whole point of my joining. The main reason for my uneasiness is that Jonathan and Sylvia have to give you the OK to get in level 3. Sylvia suggested I take the class months ago, and Jonathan said I could last week, but that I should still take Intermediate level 2 because my Lindy needs improvement. Which doesn't surprise me.

So far, no sub jobs this week. No phone call from the elementary school. But that means I get to call them!! Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home