Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Today was much better than yesterday. I guess sending kids to the principal is the right thing to do. They weren’t perfect, but they were a whole lot better. What those more experienced teachers always say is true: just come down hard right at the beginning and the rest is cake. Also, the administrator in charge of subs said that the instructional aides all think I'm doing a great job. It is one thing if the kids like you, but having the respect of your co-workers is better! What’s more, today was a minimum day, so I got paid a whole day for working only 3 hours.

Had a pretty good dance class. Today I had intermediate swing. Obviously, it is much easier than the advanced class I take on Tuesday. The only thing is that the leaders aren’t as good; I had some real bad leads today. I realize that all of us are students, and I am far from being the perfect follower, but some of those guys…. One had no tension in his arms; it was like dancing with a wet noodle. Luckily my psychic abilities kicked in so I was able to do a fair job following his lead.

After class I hauled my lazy butt to the gym. I was going to go this afternoon, but flaked. I am glad I went tonight. I feel much better. It took a bit longer for my "runner’s high" to kick in than usual. I try to work out about 5-6 days a week, not including my dance classes, earning about 4-8 Activity Points each day. WeightWatchers is very big on making exercise a part of one’s lifestyle. Exercise was something I used to see as a thing I did to lose weight; I would workout for a few weeks, then lose motivation and not do anything for months. Now, I feel bleh if I don’t workout regularly. Also, and I should say more importantly, with WW, the more you workout the more you can eat!! ‘nuff said.

Anyway, while I’m on the treadmill, I usually watch one of the TV’s in the room. One TV is always on the Animal Planet; this is probably the only time I pay attention to it. Tonight I got to witness the " Jeff Corwin Experience. " Is it me, or has he been working out? The last time I saw him, he was scampering after marmots and was tall and lean, in a muscular fashion much like Tim ;-) . Tonight he was in a Costa Rican rainforest, and his damp shirt was highlighting some major pecs and very broad shoulders. He is a real dork, and I say this with love in my heart, as I am a dork, too. It amuses me how he talks to the animals and the audience, trying to describe the situation and such. Tonight he said he was "a cocktail of excitement, exuberance, and fear." What the heck is that?? He was also having a conversation with some monkeys. Still, you have to admit, he is one lucky bastard. He has my dream job. I’ve always wanted to travel around the world, exploring the animals and plants on TV. sigh Well, I’ll just settle for sharing my adventures in the blackboard jungle with you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home