Saturday, June 19, 2004

Summertime, and the livin' is easy - George Gershwin
School's out for summer! - Alice Cooper
I made it! I made it! I made it!- Danielle Aranda

Congratulate me, for I have succeeded in surviving my first year as a junior high teacher. It has been quite a journey, and you have witnessed most of it. Strange, but the end of this year is a lot like childbirth--painful at the time, but once it's over, the pain is gone and only the good memories and good kids remain. Hmmm....I wonder what kind of hormones are coursing through my veins right now.

Anyway, it's done. I awoke with a start at 6:15 this morning, all panicky that I've overslept and was going to be late for work, then realized it was Saturday, then it hit me that it's Summer, and I have weeks until I need to get up that early again. :)))

The last day of school was good. I only had to growl at one kid the whole entire day. We just watched Space Jam or Lion King, signed yearbooks, and relaxed. One of my 8th graders, speaking for a group of his peers, said I was the best teacher they had all year, which was great to hear and made my year. I am going to miss some of them....OK, a lot of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home