Monday, May 24, 2004

17 days to go....will I regain my sanity??

I had a good intructional day today. The 7th graders dissected a chicken wing to look at the muscles and tendons and stuff. Honestly, I thought they'd be above it, thinking it was so lame to dissect something you batter, fry, and dip in ranch dressing (Mmmmm....buffalo wings....). But you'd think I wanted them to anaestesize a rabbit then cut it up! They were grossing themselves out, others refused to touch the wing (which is why I did this in groups...smart, huh?), and basically lots of drama. I thought the instructions were easy, simply peel the skin off the wing, but one group cut everything off, not realizing that the "pink stuff" was muscle.

In the 8th grade, we began a project-bassed learning assignment on the atom. I was impressed with some of their questions. I didn't think they had enough background knowledge to create the questions and categories, but they did! I'm going to try and make this a short project, so we can work on Chemical Reactions the last week and a half of school.

Tim has noticed that I am on edge lately. I noticed that I am always hungry. It could also be due to the fact that I GAINED LAST WEEK EVENTHOUGH I WAS FOLLOWING THE PROGRAM! HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT HAPPEN! I was this close to crying when I was told my weight. A large part of me wanted to quit right then and there, storming out of there. But then a little Betty voice inside my head told me to hang in there, it'll all work out, and that I should trust myself more than the numbers on the scale. So, I stayed. I was working the scale, and two other lifetime members weighed-in at my scale, and they also have been gaining steadily, so we got to moan and that made me feel a bit better. It's nice knowing I'm not the only one with troubles.

Barbara seems out of sorts this evening. I hope she's alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home