Thursday, March 18, 2004

Big Sticks. What was she thinking??

OK- so the 7th graders had a big writing test to do this week. Some English majors somewhere are going to read and see if they are up to snuff, which I don't think is very fair, as they probably have as their standard sample some 7th grade kid who has had the benefit of private tutors, the best schools, and genetic enhancements.

Anyway, as I was saying, these kids took this test, and to reward them (since all but 3 of the 400 of them took it ) the ASB, headed by Mrs. D, decided to give them each a Big Stick popsicle during advisement class. Now, I was a teen who liked to eat Big sticks ( and I still do), so I remember all the "clever" (and I use the term loosely) innuendoes you made about eating a big stick. And there I was with a group of 12 year-olds thinking they were oh-so-smart with their remarks. I just stood there shaking my head. I mean, what could I do? I could call them on it, but then they would know that I would know or else they would just say innocently, "But Ms. Aranda, we are eating big sticks, right?" I just didn't have the energy to deal with it. My point is, what was Mrs. D thinking giving big sticks to a bunch of hormonal pre-teens????

I did send two boys to the principal during 6th for arguing over a quarter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home