Tuesday, February 17, 2004

'nother bad day. But looking back through the blog, I've also had some good days.

Well, I resorted to bribing two students into being good. I thought instead of always punishing them I would reward them for good behavior (novel, I know). The deal is they get one star in their planner for each day they are well-/better behaved in class. Once they acheive 3 stars they get a full sized candy. 5 stars constitutes 2 pts on an upcoming test, so their grades would improve. They seemed excited about the candy part, so we'll see how that goes.

5th and 6th didn't go over so well. I will admit that it is very likely MY FAULT. Not entirely, but I wasn't as well prepared as I thought, so lacked confidence and control over the situation. I plan on fixing it tomorrow. We will do a lab which will keep them busy most of the time. Part of the problem is the fact that I have a lot of kids and I keep getting more. I don't have any room for more.

I had to give 6th period a QUIZ today. Bleh. I did get my two week calendar up, so hopefully that'll help me plan and let the kids know what is coming up.

Some of you are curious about how my evolution talk is coming on. Haven't gotten around to it yet as they didn't really understand what adaptations were nor had an idea about the history of life on Earth. I showed them the old Fantasia, the part with the dinosaurs. Some of the details are no longer correct, but the big steps are still the same.

OK- typing this out on the floor of our new place is not comfortable, so I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home