Monday, March 15, 2004

Lesson Learned: sometimes you just have to get a little crazy.

A student of mine came in to 2nd period, sat in his front row seat with a slouch. I asked him what was wrong and he replied that he was bored. Already! I thought, "Geez, if he's bored already, how is he going to be once the bell rings?" So, when the bell rang and when they least suspected it, I jumped in front of him, waved my head and hands around and shouted, "booga booga booga!!!" While the rest of the class nervously giggled, wondering what the f#@$ happened to their teacher, he just raised his eyebrow. "Well, are you still bored?" I asked, to which he answered, "yes." So, I had to give it one more try, so I did a jig and sang (tunelessly) the agenda of the day. That didn't work, but I think he might have smiled.

Anyway, had a pretty good day. Most of my classes are doing research projects so all I had to do was police them. 6th period went over really well. Then I had a lllllloooooonnnnnnngggggg staff meeting, where we were supposed to learn about next year and "The Change." I'm not sure what that is, except that we will be teaming and I think I will be teaching all 7th grade next year. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I kind of like having 2 preps. It shakes things up and makes my day more interesing. Of course, teaching the same thing all day gives me a chance to actually get better.

The girls are getting more friendly! But they are sleeping later. They aren't ready to get up and going until now, when I'm ready for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home