Friday, September 26, 2003

Well, well, well, the long wait is over. Just like they said, the principal of the elementary school called today and left a message saying that, as great as my background experience is, they have offered the job to someone else. She went on to say that she will keep an ear open for me, and that she believes that I will receive a full-time position very soon, blah blah blah. All I have to say is PPPHHHHHTTTTTZZZZZ!!!! That doesn’t pay the bills. Afterwards, resorted to old habits—eating. I ate a lot today, and then cried a bit. I feel somewhat bloated, I guess I did it to….I don’t know. Maybe physically feeling full or sick is better than feeling unemployed or unwanted. I have all this experience and all this enthusiasm to give, and no one to give it to. I just want to teach. But, I know that there are a billion unemployed teachers out there, and I am just one of them with very little experience.

I guess I’ll remain a sub. Time to list the pros and cons of not getting that job:

Pros: no grading, no lesson-planning, more free time, no politics
Cons: no class, no fulfillment, no lectures/teaching



Anyway, finished the week at the junior high. The teacher left a packet of detention slips and warnings about her Reading For Success class. I especially liked how she insisted on keeping them busy, as they tend to use free time to destroy the room and school property. The other classes were GATE (ie: smart kids). They were cute. It was nice seeing the future dorks of America. Of course, being a dork myself, I say this was love in my heart.

"What about that other job interview you have on Monday?" you may be asking. Yeah, it is for more money and is full time which means benefits, but it is as an inhouse suspension center teacher. Yippee! I get to spend my hours with kids the teachers and administrators have kicked out of class. That’ll get me out of bed each morning. (Ah, smell that sarcasm.)

Ok, I'm over it. Thanks for letting me vent. I'm just frustrated, understandably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home