Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Shhhhh.....don't tell anyone, but my classes have been much better behaved this week. Maybe they all need to eat more turkey.

Starting the unit on motion. I really want them to get a lot out of this unit. I started off by having them read the state standards, so now the kids know what the state expects of them. Then, they chose and defined some key terms that would help them be at standard. We are doing more math and using graphs this time. I hope it works out.

I had a nice Thanksgiving weekend. It is dangerous having 3 teachers in the family. We spent a lot of time talking about all the crap we deal with in schools. I shared with my sisters some of the speeches I've said/yelled in class. They were surprised to learn that I raise my voice in class! They said I always seem so calm and laid back. I guess they don't know about my inner control freak!

Well, it now begins; Independent Study. It is the time of year when 25% of the students leave for weeks on end and we (the teachers) have to make up work packets for them to do/not do over their vacation. bleh. One student is already gone, and another leaves on Thurs. and both won't be back until after New Year's Day! Of course, it's always the wrong kids who leave. It's as if the parents of the bad kids don't want to have them around any longer than necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home