Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Lesson Learned: Don't really know how to summarize today's lesson. I'll just tell you about my day.

My day was OK. My kids were very good, except for 4th period. But I don't want to dwell on that so I'll just briefly tell you everything else.

I ran with the kids today. This elicited a lot of reactions. Some kids wondered if I was going to be their P.E. teacher for the day; others thought I was ditching a class to be there. Once they understood that I was going to run with them today, some look at me as if I was crazy. How could I like running? But being an adult who is choosing to run is different from being a kid where grown-ups are making you run laps. I noticed that the kids tried to finish their 2 laps (it was a short day) as quickly as possible. I found my pace and stuck with it. I did 5 laps (= 1 mile on this track). Some of the kids were impressed with that. Marcy told me a few were bragging about me running with them. I'm glad they liked it. I would definately do it again. Perhaps not every week, but at least once a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home