Saturday, October 02, 2004

Geez, has it really been that long since I last posted?? And here I was thinking that this has been a lllloooonnnggg week.

I can't remember everything that's happened, so I'll just start with this past week.

On Sunday I participated in the Carpinteria Triathlon. :-) I am very proud of myself!! My goal was to finish and not die during the event and I did! In fact, I far exceeded my expectations. In case you don't know, a triathlon is made up of three events (hence the "tri-"): swimming, biking, and running. I knew I could swim, bike, and jog but wasn't sure about doing them all at once. This event composed of two courses--the Olympic course (super-long for super crazy people), and the Sprint course (relatively short for relatively crazy people like me). I ended up swimming 500m, biking 15km, and jogging 5km. What surprised me the most was the fact that I really did jog the entire jog course! I only stopped for a passing train. And, I did it all in under 2 hours! Go ahead, try to find me. I'm #299 :-)

OK. After my glorious introduction to the triathlon world, it was off to jury duty! At least, that's what I thought. After getting a sub for Monday, I didn't have to check in that day. I ended up taking a personal day (unpaid )-: ) . I had to call in each day after 5. I almost made it but was called in for Thursday. I got a sub for the day and was able to sleep in, as the court system didn't need me until after 12:00. After checking in and getting oriented (ie: watched a video on being a juror) we were all led across the street to the superior court room and the selection process began. I didn't even get called up, but it was interesting to watch.

I think what made my week long was the not knowing. I didn't know if I would be called in the next day so I spent a lot of time setting up my room for a sub and making plans. When I went to work after all, I would do what I had planned although it wasn't what I really wanted to do. I just didn't have time to set up before school. I think that sucked out a lot of my energy. I'm still tired. Tim would say that I'm always tired on the weekend. I guess he's right.

Well, that about sums it up. Checked out the Avocado Festival today with my teacher friends. It was fun. I bought a pair of wrap-around pants that are kind of comfy. Tomorrow I'm going back for a tri-tip sandwich smothered in guacamole. Mmmmm.....guacamole...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home