Wednesday, January 09, 2008

In the Fast Lane

Tim and I are fasting tonight. The idea is that in our evolutionary past, we didn't stuff ourselves with "food" every day. There were times when we went hungry and during those times our bodies released hormones and did...stuff. Survival-type stuff. Anyway, it's supposed to be not-bad for you to skip a meal here and there and, really, I won't starve to death if I do.

Right now my stomach is confused, I can feel it. It's wondering where the chicken breast and veggies are right at this moment and thinking that if the snack of veggie burger with a side of cucumbers and salsa was going to be "it", it would've asked for something better, like chocolate.

I was talking with a teacher friend on the phone and at the end of the important business stuff she asked me what we had for dinner. I kind of looked at my husband and said, "Oh, we're fasting tonight," which made him smile amusedly. I don't know why I was embarrassed. I think it's because people at work see me as one of those weird folks who doesn't eat "normal", like a vegetarian. They all know I try to follow a healthy diet. So, not only do I eat vegetables and non-processed foods, but now I fast, too???/? Never thought I would be that type of weirdo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home