Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Vay-Cay-Shun!

Greetings, one and everyone! We are currently on the road- in Gleneden, OR. I am hogging the resort computer in order to bring you up to speed on my life. (Now, don't you feel special?:-))

Well, we're about done with Day 3 here. Day 1 consisted of kicking back in our room and exploring our immediate environs. Day 2 (yesterday) found us tidepooling, buying a live crab right off the boat, napping, eating said crab, and going to bed. :-) Man, I love vacationing; just taking it easy-peasy and catching up on sleep.

Today, my hubby wanted to go on a hike so we asked the front desk to recommend a good trail and he did- the Cascade Research Trail in a bit of National Forest. It was a moderate uphill for about 3 miles or so in very green Oregon woods. Oregon is. very. green. This is something I really like about OR. We saw a few flowers, heard some birds, found some cool mushrooms and fungus, and a TON of mosses! Green! We also came upon several specimens of scat. Carnivore scat. (How did we know it was carnivore scat? Hey, we know scat.) Turns out, it might have come from a bobcat. I admit to being a bit freaked out, as being attacked in the middle of the Oregon (green) woods was not very appealing, and my husband's claim that the vicious beast would flee if I put up a good fight was less than reassuring.

Anyway, after 3+ hours of hiking we were both ready for lunch, but since we hadn't a clue what was a good place to eat, we pulled in to some seafood place and had fried seafood with potatoes for lunch. It was OK, not bad, but not wonderful. Honey will definitely check the internets for tomorrow's lunch.

Now, we're "home," having bought some veggies at a local organic store and before coming down here I was ensconced in front of the TV watching the Travel Channel and knitting. :-)))) Lurves me some vaycayshun!

Tomorrow's adventures- tidepooling part II and glassblowing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ecopal said...

Enjoy yourself, you deserve it! Just wanted to let you know I enjoy reading your blog.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home