Monday, February 18, 2008

Food for Life Weightloss?

We in America live a very blessed life. Everything and anything is pre-made, pre-packaged, pre-pared and available at the grocery store pre-portioned into single servings. For your convenience.

The absurdity of it all came to me suddenly at dinner last night. I watched Honey enjoy his creme brulee over a cup of coffee. When the waiter brought my coffee he left behind a container of sugar...and sweeteners. Yes, sweeteners, plural as in many artificial ways to avoid sugar in your coffee. I mean, if We as Americans really want to watch our ever growing waistlines and live a "healthy lifestyle" and make good food choices, then why all the chemically enhanced food-stuffs? Isn't that what's making us fat as a nation in the first place? Am I the only one that feels that food-science-technology-is-what-made-us-fat-and,
-by-God-it'll-save-us-in-the-end-type of mentality is not the way to go?

And why did I only just see it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home