Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Brain's Real Age

I was listening to the radio this morning and some commercial came on and said something like this: blah blah blah and if you're over 35 you're at a higher risk blah blah.... My initial reaction was a complacent sigh, followed by my brain doing a double take like this: Oh, good thing I'm not HOLY CRIPES I AM NOT UNDER 35 SHAZBOT I. AM. ALMOST. 40!!!1!

I mean, WTPF? It was as if in my mind I'm still 30-ish, not Nearly Forty. Lordy B'gordy, when did I get this old? True, I look closer to 30 than 40, in better health and shape than when I was 20-something, you're only as old as you feel, the older the better like a wine, but part of me freaked out. And that freaking out freaked me out.

I guess it's a good thing I still feel younger than I am. Sheesh, I'd hate to feel older! I don't even know what my age should feel like, but I think know that my brain is feeling the right way. I didn't want to stay 20 when I turned 30, and I'm pretty much looking forward to being a happily wedded 40-something with a career.

Just as long as I still look 30. X-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home