Sunday, February 03, 2008

Oh, Biscotti

One day I was craving that hard, satisfying crunch one gets when good biscotti is dipped into hot coffee. Kinda sweet, kinda warm, a bit soft on the outside but still crunchy on the inside. But alas, I have been watching my intake of prepared foods. "Well, I can always buy handmade biscotti at a coffee shop," I told myself. But then a little voice said why not try and make some. Then, you'll know for sure you had a homemade not-from-a-package baked good.

So to the computer I went and found the above biscotti recipe. Let me tell you, it is very tasty! Even my husband ate some and he really doesn't like biscotti. It's sweet without being too sweet, and nice and hard. And easy! I always thought of baking as time consuming and requiring special skills and equipment that I don't have because I'm not a baker, but biscotti is easy-peasy. I've made this recipe twice. My first batch ever was a cocoa biscotti (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Chocolate-Biscotti/Detail.aspx) that was OK but not as good as these. I do hope someone out there reads this blog and makes these biscotti. According to WeightWatchers, they are 3 points each. But they are very satisfying to me and I find that I don't need to eat anymore than one nor do I need any other sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home