Monday, April 14, 2008

40 Days

Well, folks, this has been the @#$%-est school year I have ever had. What with the union/district impasse, the threat, the apathy, I really didn't think it could get much worse when WHAM I was socked in the stomach today. A student of mine was shot in the head yesterday and died shortly thereafter. It really sent me for a loop. While the general report is that this was an accident (apparently, he had a gun collection and was showing off some of his pieces to his friends) the police are still investigating to make sure it was not a homicide, especially when taking into account the student's chosen lifestyle and friends. *ahem*

So, with that, I am sad happy just saying that there are, at last, 40 days left. I figure if Jesus could survive wandering the desert for that long, I can make it to the end of the school year.

The realist in me reminds me that, really, I don't have a choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home