Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Ancient Medicine Revealed

I think most of us are familiar with the image of men using booze as a medicinal since ancient times. Don't most westerns show some cowboy numbed by whiskey in order to let a friend dig a bullet out of him with a penknife?

Well, I put that idea to the test today. Ever since Saturday my legs have been very sore and stiff. Not only is walking a challenge but trying to find a comfortable position sitting, standing, and lying down has been very difficult. After three days like this I gave up on massages and stretching and sought relief from a bottle of Bushmills Irish Whiskey. One shot mixed with diet Pepsi (x 2) and boy howdy! life is so much better!!!!!!!!!!!!

The truth to the whole medicinal alcohol thing isn't that the pain is less; it's that I could care less about my sore muscles and joints. Fortunately, I didn't get so drunk that I decided to do anything stupid. It's just been nice to sit and relax. Finally.

And now I know more about legitimately drinking booze on a school night!!!!!!!

****Edit****
OK. I know some of you are shuddering at the thought of mixing an irish whiskey with diet Pepsi. But it wasn't just diet Pepsi- it was diet wild cherry Pepsi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home