Friday, October 17, 2003

Lesson Learned: Always be sure to eat enough fiber and drink enough water. 'Nuff said.

Today was one of the easiest sub jobs I've had so far. I was a Special Ed Resource Class teacher. Apparently, Resources classes are very small; I had 2-4 students each period! Tim was surprised, until I told him the reason behind this was the fact that these are students who require a lot more attention than your average student. However, I do think that smaller classes are the way to go. A lot of students just fall through the cracks in a large class. I think that 20-25 is a great number.

Anyway, these students were good, but you had to have an extreme amount of patience. One student had ADHD, so it was a challenge for him to remain focused and in his seat for more than 5 minutes. Another student had anger management problems. And another had emotional baggage and ADD. You had to give these kids a lot more guidelines yet know when to back off and let them be, something very difficult to do in a mainstream classroom.

Luckily, the students were well behaved. According to the teacher, they had a rough week so deserved an easy day. We mainly watched videos and did a little bit of writing (15 min worth) and reading (45 min worth).

Then I went to BB's to relax and get help with my sweater. My goal is to work on it during my vacation.

Tim and I went dancing. The band was real good and a lot of fun!

Tomorrow I leave for the east coast! Hurray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home