Saturday, November 01, 2003

Due to technical difficulties, the last two blogs are a bit late.

31 October 2003
I received three compliments today!
1. An aide said I was the best-dressed sub they ever had.
2. Another aide from a class I subbed for on Wed. was impressed by how I managed to maintain control over period 6.
3. The teacher for the class I subbed for on Wed. said her students all thought I was a strict sub, to which she gave me two thumbs-up!

Well, today was probably the most relaxed I have ever been as a sub. It was a special ed class I had before, and even with a few student changes, the kids were all very well-behaved. Many were in costumes and had been eating candy all day long, but the aides were very helpful and the teacher was prepared. The individual instruction classes watched a Halloween video, the English class read Edgar A. Poe’s "The Telltale Heart," and the math class had a timed multiplication test and a fun review sheet. The kids were very sweet, and wondered why I wasn't dressed-up. I said I was; I was a teacher for Halloween. Others were shocked to learn that my house wasn't decorated and that I hadn't bought any candy for the trick-or-treaters. I had to explain that no one would be trick-or-treating at my house, as it was so hard to find.

Tim and I went to a party at his friends' house. We watched "The Matrix" and "Scary Movie." It was a pleasant gathering. I got to chat with some people I don't see too often and everyone seemed to have a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home