Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Goal Two: I will be more organized this year. It may be the only way I'll keep my sanity!

I spent a large part of my day at the school today. The principal was nice enough to let me in, as the school was closed for the day. I was just going to organize what I brought with me from storage and some of the papers on my desk, but I ended up rearranging the desks. It will definately knock those kids for a loop, but I think it will work out. I have it set up so that there is a large aisle in the middle, with two blocks of kids about 4 deep facing the middle. I was reminded of what the AP at San Marcos told me last year; if you keep the traditional seating arrangement (you remember, five to seven rows across and 5 to seven deep), then you seem ffffaaaarrrrr away from the kids in the back when lecturing/demonstrating, etc. Now everyone is easily accessible to me, which may also keep them better behaved. I am also planning on having them sit alphabetically. They will hate that, too. But, might as well get all the major changes out of the way now so they can get over it.

Anyway, had to go to the UC to pick up some stuff I'm borrowing for a lab I'm having next week. The theme is "Powers of Ten" and should be an interesting introduction to the microscope. The physical science kids will be working with ooblek.

I feel like I have been running around all day. I did manage to fit in about 2 hours of TV; gotta let those brain cells relax. I am very excited about tomorrow. I also can't wait for it to be over.

This is what I mean about being organized. Basically, I want to be on top of things. I won't have much time to spare it seems. So, I did 2 loads of laundry and acutally put the clean clothes away immediately! I usually let them sit on the floor. I have picked out my outfit for tomorrow, made my lunch, and planned my breakfast. Wow! I'm really impressing myself. We'll see how it goes this week. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up.

Tell you all about it tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home