Saturday, November 08, 2003

Second Goal: I will not ruffle any feathers yet. I need to be calm and cooperative.

Well, it's after midnight, so I'm gonna keep this short. Today was my second day of work. This time, I observed the other science teachers at the junior high. They are quite a collection of people. They all have different teaching styles and philosophies. I think the dept. chair (Gail) and one of the 8th grd teachers (Mrs. Willis) have styles very similar to mine. But everyone has been very kind and helpful. I really do think that I will like it there.

I was feeling very overwhelmed after school today. I had to go shopping otherwise I would've eaten a lot or drank. I can't afford to spend anymore money after today! I don't know what it is. I think I'm just making it worse than it really is. i.e. I'm worrying about stuff that hasn't happened yet. It is like one of my teacher nightmares, the one where none of the students listen to me and they have taken over the room. I think that is what I'm afraid of: that the kids won't like or respect me. I'm not afraid of the content or the paperwork, just the classroom management.

If I am true to myself, try to make it so that I survive and have fun, and just realize that I deserve their attention and hard work, then things will be OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home