Saturday, June 24, 2006

Happy Days Are Here Again!

Hooray! The biggest, bestest news in the world is that JANOLA RAT IS STILL WITH US. :^) I'm not kidding, it was real close. In fact, Tim and I were in the car, rat in hand (in her travel basket, actually) when he turned to me and remarked on how perky Janola has been and maybe we shouldn't put her down today? I was so relieved to hear that because I had noticed that as well. We both decided to let the vet look at her and base our next step on her observations.

Well, the good dr. looked her over, weighed her, and listened to her heart and lungs. She stated that it was very difficult to know what was best for Janola. Her tumors (yes, lots) were very large and she had pretty much lost the use of one of her back legs due to them. I've already told you all her troubles in the previous post, and the vet pretty much said the same things. She also added that if we were to put her to sleep that day, no one would blame us. But if we wanted to keep her, that was also good. It does mean keeping a very close eye on her, making sure she is still able to get to the food dishes and continuing to bathe her regularly and checking her tumors for open sores (oooohh....yummy. Hope you aren't squeemish.) With that, we decided to keep her with us. :) Of course, neither she nor her "sisters" have any idea how close she came to.... I think she was just happy to be back home, as evinced by the long, comfortable nap she took that evening.

I love all my rats.

1 Comments:

Blogger marcy said...

Oh I'm so glad. . . I hope she got in on some of the chocolate feast. Maybe it would actually give her some nutrition. It's good that you've got some extra time right now to tend to her and shower her with attention.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home