Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Sounds of Summer

More like "The Absence of Sounds"! For instance:

1)No alarm waking me up before dawn
2)No children playing in the school across the street from our apt.
3)No one saying, "Hello, Mrs. Newsome"
4)No intercom announcement interrupting my instruction
5)No phone calls either, for that matter
6)No one around during the day, as they are all at work! (The coffee houses are all empty...hooray!)


Anyway....

Well, school is out for Summer, which means I survived another year in the trenches of education. :) It was a very good year-the kids were great! I feel like there is so much I want to improve on for next year: more writing, more observation practice, more student-centered learning (project-based learning-style), and the list goes on.

Right now, I'm concentrating on getting ready for my half-marathon in July. I can't believe it's coming up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home