Friday, May 16, 2008

Can't Believe It!

While watching a movie set in India, it suddenly struck me. I am going to India. I mean, it's kinda freaky. Me. India. Going. Elephants. Foreign.

It's also hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that instead of starting another year of school in September, I'll be in Egypt.

And snorkeling in the Red Sea.

And floating in the Dead Sea. In Jordan.

And possibly smoking some flavored tobacco in Syria.

And eating tasty food in Turkey.

And wondering what the heck is going on in Thailand.

And wondering "how did I get here?" in China.

And feeling overwhelmed in Japan.

And swimming and snorkeling in the warm, crystal clear waters of Indonesia.

And meeting new people, sending post cards, relaxing in pubs and cafes, knitting while surrounded by different smells and sounds.

And I really can't believe that all that newness will become commonplace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home