Sunday, October 05, 2003

Well, that torta did me in. I gained 3 lbs this week. :^( I guess that is what happens when you spend an entire week on your butt. As the receptionist said to me this morning, "What is gained in a week can be lost in a week." I sure hope so. After that, I came home and relaxed, as I am still fighting this head cold.

Tim and I caught this morning's game, Seattle vs. Green Bay. The Packers won, hurray! They are my team. I have never been to Wisconsin, much less Green Bay, but Tim and his friends suggested I choose a team to cheer for, as it makes watching football more fun. I have to agree with them on that one. Then we saw tonight's game, Cleveland vs. Pittsburg. I can' t believe what we saw- the Browns creamed the Steelers! Tommy Maddox threw some bad passes, and the offensive line wasn't very great, either.

Anyway, Tim made an awesome beef stew. It was a crockpot recipe, but Tim reasoned people have been making these types of dishes for years before the invention of the crockpot. He figured that if we just let it simmer on the stove in our Dutch oven for 9 hours, it would turn out the same. I guess he was right!

We ended our evening with a short walk around the neighborhood. The mission looked particularly nice, all dressed up for the feast of St. Francis of Assisi.

I have to call a school and cancel a job interview. What! You may be wondering why I would do that, seeing as I am unemployed. If you recall, I said I was done with rejection, and this is the job that I believe is not a good fit with me and what I want from a teaching position. I would be unhappy, and full time benefits aren't worth it.


By the way, this is a cool article on some recent deep sea explorations. Check it out.
http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/explorations/02mexico/logs/oct13/oct13.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home