Monday, November 24, 2003

FUCK! I JUST WROTE OUT A GREAT BLOG AND IT GOT ALL FUCKED UP! I mean, it was great and then the computer got stuck and shut down Mozilla and now I lost that blog. That's what I get for not writing it in Word like Tim suggested. I guess I should just do as he says. Bleh!

Well, I can't remember what I said, but basically I commented on the fact that I worked out at the gym today. I did the elliptical for about 35 minutes (what do I mean "about"? it was exactly 35 minutes--there was a digital read-out and everything).

And, I am doing a lab with my 7th graders today and tomorrow. We are looking at plant and animal cells. I wanted them to check out their own cells under the scope, but it was just a big mess. I had plenty of volunteers; I had to keep them from "donating" blood cells. But they have no clue what the heck they are seeing under there. They didn't know that the squares and rectangles from the Elodea sample were cells; it just looked like a bunch of lines to them. I can't blame them, it's just another example of what I expected them to know and what they didn't. I even had to help them make a chart for the new vocabulary they will be seeing in the next chapter.

After that, my 5th and 6th periods were kinda boring. We were preparing for a lab we are doing the rest of the week. We are finishing up matter by looking at a substance (ooblek) and they are to determine whether or not it is more like a solid or a liquid. I am curious to know what their results will be. I also feel a bit guilty, as ooblek is neither.

I will be observed during second period by the principal. The good news is that 2nd is one of my stellar classes. The bad news is that it will be confusing. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home