Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Teacher Goal: I will remember to relax and not be so hard on myself. I cannot do as much as I would like. And, I am still learning.

I am very lucky. I have 5 pretty good classes. My 8th graders did a lab today where they measured the mass and volume of several objects. They were excited for the most part. Tomorrow they will be doing the predictions (which I forgot to let them do today) and I'm going to show them how to graph their data. Yikes!

My 7th graders will be practicing on the microscopes tomorrow. I have a very few 'scopes available, so half will be looking and half will be doing bookwork. They are going to look at a metric ruler and a lowercase "e". Next week I'll bring in some microscopic critters, Elodea (every biology teacher's favorite water plant), and have them take cheek cell samples.

I was feeling very raw today. I don't know why. Part of it was my 2nd period; 1/3 of them didn't do last night's homework. Every teacher struggles with homework. What the heck am I to do? I told them that if it continues, I will be calling home. bleh! I don't want to do that. I'm also dreading the grading I'm going to have to do.

Other than that, life is good. I made dinner, did dishes, watched some bad TV, cleaned the living room, made lunch and prepared breakfast. I just have to figure out what I'm wearing.

Off to bed. zzzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home