Thursday, November 20, 2003

Hurray! I have gone on two walks this week! That's one goal accomplished!

Well, I have the usual teacher problem. My 5th period 8th graders are great. They do the work and find the subject interesting. They really got into the demo I did today. We were talking about physical vs. chemical properties and changes. I lit a candle, mixed vinegar with some baking soda, and poured the resulting gas onto the flame, which went out. They thought that was amazing! They were involved and even logically explained what happened. When I told them we could do another lab before the long weekend next week if we get through all the notes today, they shut up and listened! "Gosh, Danielle," you're saying to yourself, "where's the problem?" Well, period 6's 8th graders are blobs. They weren't impressed and it was difficult keeping them focused. I'm tired of disciplining (from subbing), but now that is what I have to do. I don't think they realize I'm their TEACHER. That means big changes tomorrow. I'm going to re-adjust the desks and just give out detentions. Hopefully that'll work. I know it is the end of the day, but things need to change, and if I don't do it now, I'm going to burn out soon. bleh!

My third period class was much better today. My off-task girls actually did work today. I showed them a pair of referrals with their names on them and that seemed to motivate them.

Hurray! Tomorrow's Friday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home