Saturday, March 04, 2006

As I lay sleeping...

Oh, my God. I can't believe I slept that long! I just had a 3 hour nap, and I had to make myself get up so that I will sleep through the night! I didn't think I was that tired since I went to be just before 9pm last night and dozed until 9am this morning.

Well, I have been complaining to Tim all week long that I was tired. I even used it as an excuse not to go running on Thurs (but, don't fret-jogged 4 mi last night). So after my sleep-in this morning, I thought I was good to go. Tim and I went swimming about noon (walking to the pool and back; aren't we healthy and active?), then came home and had lunch. At about 3pm he went out to wash his bike and I settled in to read a NEW book on Ben Franklin and found myself dozing. I couldn't fight it, so put myself to bed. At about 4, Tim walked in and must've called for me because I woke up. He didn't expect to find me in bed, but he was happy that I was napping. I went right back to sleep and woke up again after 6. Wow! I will definitely sleep well tonight.

Why so tired? Partly due to last week's trip to the East Coast. We had a nice visit with his sister and our new nephew and a good time in DC seeing an old friend of mine, Chris. He's one of my oldest friends. I'm not very good at keeping in touch so I must admit that the longevity of the friendship is due to his efforts, but I'm glad he did. I like talking with him and getting a totally different perspective on life in the sciences. Oh, and DC was neat, too. Too much interesting stuff and not enough time. Why didn't I go to the Air and Space Museum sooner?? Must return and see more cool stuff!

The trip culminated in a wedding on Sat night, with us flying back home on Sun and me going back to school on Mon. So you see, just didn't get enough recovery time.

Tim would point out that I don't sleep enough during the week any way. And this week I had the kids making and launching Alka-Rockets which is a lot of fun but a lot of energy to keep it manageable!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Danielle!
Great that you can leave comments now! I loved that jalapeno cheese stuff you left with me, although I'm finding the hair spray a bit more difficult to use. :-)
its always great having guests!
please come back and visit! (assuming I'm still here after August!)

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home